Beaded Lantern Ornaments
Simple Peyote stitch tutorial to make stunning beaded ornaments for Christmas and other occasions
You can take a look through the class curriculum just below. I have made a few parts free to preview, so you can see the materials and preview a sample video. Just click on the 'preview' button to the right of each section to view it. This will help you to decide if the class is right for you.
StartHow to use the technique video demonstrations
PreviewHexagon Peyote technique - your 'increase cycles' explained (11:57)
StartTubular Peyote stitch (10:07)
StartHow to make a decrease (2:08)
StartStitch-in-the-ditch technique (2:02)
StartCorner alignment explained (6:26)
StartZipping up (4:18)
Just to re-cap on what I talked about in the video...
What will you get?
- Downloadable PDF tutorial
- Video demonstrations of all the techniques for this project
- Opportunity to ask questions and get help if you get stuck
- Choice of designs for your lantern (Snowman forest (pictured), Three Kings Nativity scene, Snowflakes, Santa's delivery run, and more...)*
How does the class work?
This class will launch in early November 2020. If you sign up now (before the launch), you can get 25% off the full price of the class.
Once the class has launched, you can work through the project in your own time, at your own pace. Bead whenever you want, from wherever you want.
You also get life-time** access to the class materials, so you can use them as often as you want, maybe even years from now.
Katie will be adding new designs, both for Christmas and other occasions, so as a student, you will be automatically notified whenever these become available.
What skills and materials will you need?
- You will be working in Peyote stitch - tubular and circular variations, including increasing and decreasing
- The lanterns are made from size 11 Delica beads and beading thread. Full materials list will be released after 20th October 2020. If you are already enrolled, you will be notified when this happens. Otherwise, please check back here for updates.
- You just need a beading needle and scissors
- Optional: include a tea light to light your lantern
- Suitable for anyone who already enjoys Peyote stitch, or who is self-motivated, good at following instructions and willing to put in some work to learn new techniques
The finished lantern ornaments measure 3.5" to 4" in height (depending on your chosen design) and 2" wide.
You also have options to add a string for hanging the lanterns on your tree. All will be explained in the class...
But, before you start, take a look through the curriculum, below, and you can preview the materials, lantern designs, and one of the technique videos, for free. That should help you to decide if you want to take this class.
Get started now!
*Your class includes one design of your choice (you have complete freedom to choose from any of the available options). If you wish to make additional designs, the pattern charts for these can be purchased separately for £3 each.
**Life-time refers to the life-time of My World of Beads online school on Teachable
Your Beading Tutor
Hi! I'm Katie and I'm here to help you become a better beader. Now, no matter whether you've just started out or you've been beading for a while, you probably come across things you don't understand or can't do.
So, that's where I come in. I've been beading since 2003. I was self-taught originally, so I'm pretty sure that whatever 'pain point' you're currently experiencing, it's something I've also faced and overcome. Which means I understand your frustration, but I can also help you to find a way through it.
My own beading experience covers a multitude of different techniques (beadweaving, French beading, bead embroidery and more!). I've published books, patterns in magazines, I even edited a beading magazine for 3 years! And I'm a qualified teacher.
All of that is very nice, but it's not what drives me. I am passionate about beading, in all its forms, and I want others to share that passion. So, my dream is to help more people, like you, to get the most out of their beading. That's why I set up the 'Become a Better Beader' group and why I started publishing beading courses. I've developed the courses specifically to address the things that people tell me they are struggling with. So, if there's something you find difficult, let me know about it.
You can also access hundreds of free informational blogs about beading and join the 'Better Beader' group at www.myworldofbeads.com.