How to choose bead colours
Everything you need to know to help you choose bead colours with confidence
Do any of these scenarios sound familiar?
- "I'm hopeless at putting colours together. I have tons of beads, but my colour schemes always clash. So, I just end up buying kits. Help!"
- "My work isn't selling that well at craft fairs. I want to try some new colour schemes, for existing designs, but I don't know where to start."
- "I get really frustrated when I've got a new beading pattern and I have most of the colours, but find there are just one or two I need to buy. I'd love it if I felt confident about substituting colours, so I could use things from my stash."
You're not alone! Choosing colours is one of the number one problems faced by beaders. But what if I could offer you a solution to help?
What if I told you that there are 'rules' which are easy to learn, and which will help you 'get it right' when you come to choose your bead colours?
Well, that's exactly what this course is here to do.
How does the course work?
- You get life-time access to this valuable material. So, you can work through everything at your own pace.
- You'll be learning via a mix of videos, written explanations, and practical tasks to complete.
- You don't need any beading experience to do this, and you won't need to buy any materials (unless you want an excuse to buy more beads, of course...!)
This really is for anyone who needs more confidence with colour.
If that sounds good, then scroll to the bottom of the page, where you will see the course curriculum. You can view what you'll be learning. The introduction section is completely free to view. So, that will let you find out if this is going to help you. If you believe it will, then enrol on the course and start growing your colour confidence today.
Your Beading Tutor
Hi! I'm Katie and I'm here to help you become a better beader. Now, no matter whether you've just started out or you've been beading for a while, you probably come across things you don't understand or can't do.
So, that's where I come in. I've been beading since 2003. I was self-taught originally, so I'm pretty sure that whatever 'pain point' you're currently experiencing, it's something I've also faced and overcome. Which means I understand your frustration, but I can also help you to find a way through it.
My own beading experience covers a multitude of different techniques (beadweaving, French beading, bead embroidery and more!). I've published books, patterns in magazines, I even edited a beading magazine for 3 years! And I'm a qualified teacher.
All of that is very nice, but it's not what drives me. I am passionate about beading, in all its forms, and I want others to share that passion. So, my dream is to help more people, like you, to get the most out of their beading. That's why I set up the 'Become a Better Beader' group and why I started publishing beading courses. I've developed the courses specifically to address the things that people tell me they are struggling with. So, if there's something you find difficult, let me know about it.
You can also access hundreds of free informational blogs about beading and join the 'Better Beader' group at www.myworldofbeads.com.
PreviewWhat are you going to learn in part 2? (1:26)
StartExperiment 1 - Changing One Colour
StartExperiment 2 - Changing An Entire Colour Scheme: Part 1
StartExperiment 2 - Changing An Entire Colour Scheme: Part 2
StartPractical Example Of Changing An Entire Colour Scheme
StartAn Important Note On Copyright
StartYour Task For This Section
Frequently Asked Questions
Thank you for considering this course. If this one isn't for you, then I have a wide range of other courses on offer. Some give you projects to try, others are designed to help you improve your beading skills. So, check them all out here: https://my-world-of-beads.teachable.com/courses