Are you someone who likes to get organised early? Then you could also get a 25% discount...
Now I have revealed the IBW beaded box project, I'm giving you the chance to sign up early and get a 25% discount. The full cost of this virtual workshop will be £12 (+VAT where applicable).
But, although I'm taking enrolments, I'm not going to be launching the actual project instructions until 19th July. So, if you enrol before the project officially launches, you can enjoy a special 25% discount. (Discounted price is shown when you enrol).
Of course, I don't expect you to do this completely on trust, so I have made some of the information about the project free to access now. You will get a full materials list when you enrol.
What I can tell you about the project now
- You will be making a beaded box, using Peyote stitch.
- I have created a design inspired by the IBW colours and logo.
- You can use either size 11 Delicas (it will need about 14g), or size 10 Delicas (that will need about 25g).
- If you are confident working in Peyote stitch, then you should be able to complete this project in about 6 hours (the normal length of time of a 'real' workshop). Naturally, if you are a slower beader, it may take longer, but that's not a problem.
- You will get a pattern as a PDF that you can download. Plus, I will be demonstrating all the techniques on video. You also get to ask me questions if you get stuck.
How the course works
- I will launch the workshop on 19th July, 2019. So, that is just a little before the official start of International Beading Week.
- Once I have launched, you are free to join in whenever you have time. You can work at your own pace. So, you don't have to do everything at once. You can walk away and come back to continue at any time.
- You can replay videos as often as you want and revise each section as much as you need. So, there is absolutely no time pressure here.
- Once you have enrolled, you get lifetime access to this workshop.
- This early bird offer price of £9* is only available until I launch the project on 19th July 2019.
- For students who are enrolled on the course, you can now access my advice about choosing your materials, how to save a bit of money on them and where to buy them. I also have some kits for the project. So, you can access all of that as soon as you enrol.
- Then, on 19th July, I will launch the workshop. So, at that point, you will see the pattern and get access to all the videos and my help. When I launch, the price will go up to its regular £12*.
So, as you see, if you enrol now, you'll get all this amazing material with a fabulous 25% discount! So, go ahead and check out the curriculum at the bottom of the page. You'll find a little video introducing the box, plus some information about materials and techniques.
Once you have enrolled, you can access all the available information and get yourself ready for the big launch in July.
*VAT will be charge in addition to this price if you live in a country or state that has legislation requiring VAT is applied to online courses.
Hi! I'm Katie and I'm here to help you become a better beader. Now, no matter whether you've just started out or you've been beading for a while, you probably come across things you don't understand or can't do.
So, that's where I come in. I've been beading since 2003. I was self-taught originally, so I'm pretty sure that whatever 'pain point' you're currently experiencing, it's something I've also faced and overcome. Which means I understand your frustration, but I can also help you to find a way through it.
My own beading experience covers a multitude of different techniques (beadweaving, French beading, bead embroidery and more!). I've published books, patterns in magazines, I even edited a beading magazine for 3 years! And I'm a qualified teacher.
All of that is very nice, but it's not what drives me. I am passionate about beading, in all its forms, and I want others to share that passion. So, my dream is to help more people, like you, to get the most out of their beading. That's why I set up the 'Become a Better Beader' group and why I started publishing beading courses. I've developed the courses specifically to address the things that people tell me they are struggling with. So, if there's something you find difficult, let me know about it.
You can also access hundreds of free informational blogs about beading and join the 'Better Beader' group at www.myworldofbeads.com.