Are you interested in learning how to make beaded boxes? Have you been putting this off because you were afraid they might be too difficult for you?
Well, you've come to the right place... Learn all the basics here in easy steps with video tutorials. You can work at your own pace and ask me if you have questions. Does that sound good...? Then, let me give you a few more details...
What I can tell you about the project now
- You will be making a beaded box, using Peyote stitch.
- I have created a design inspired by the IBW colours and logo.
- You can use either size 11 Delicas (it will need about 14g), or size 10 Delicas (that will need about 25g).
- If you are confident working in Peyote stitch, then you should be able to complete this project in about 6 hours (the normal length of time of a 'real' workshop). Naturally, if you are a slower beader, it may take longer, but that's not a problem.
- You will get a pattern as a PDF that you can download. Plus, I will be demonstrating all the techniques on video. You also get to ask me questions if you get stuck.
How the course works
- Once you have enrolled, you are free to start whenever you have time. You can work at your own pace. So, you don't have to do everything at once. You can walk away and come back to continue at any time.
- You can replay videos as often as you want and revise each section as much as you need. So, there is absolutely no time pressure here.
- You also get lifetime access to this workshop.
- I have two pricing options*, simply because some of my customers prefer to use Paypal, rather than credit card. They also give you the different currency options - but don't worry, they equate to the same price!
- So, go ahead and check out the curriculum at the bottom of the page. You'll find a little video introducing the box, plus some information about materials and techniques. That will help you decide whether this is right for you.
Once you have enrolled, you get started whenever you are ready.
*VAT will be charge in addition to this price if you live in a country or state that has legislation requiring VAT is applied to online courses.
Your Beading Tutor
Hi! I'm Katie and I'm here to help you become a better beader. Now, no matter whether you've just started out or you've been beading for a while, you probably come across things you don't understand or can't do.
So, that's where I come in. I've been beading since 2003. I was self-taught originally, so I'm pretty sure that whatever 'pain point' you're currently experiencing, it's something I've also faced and overcome. Which means I understand your frustration, but I can also help you to find a way through it.
My own beading experience covers a multitude of different techniques (beadweaving, French beading, bead embroidery and more!). I've published books, patterns in magazines, I even edited a beading magazine for 3 years! And I'm a qualified teacher.
All of that is very nice, but it's not what drives me. I am passionate about beading, in all its forms, and I want others to share that passion. So, my dream is to help more people, like you, to get the most out of their beading. That's why I set up the 'Become a Better Beader' group and why I started publishing beading courses. I've developed the courses specifically to address the things that people tell me they are struggling with. So, if there's something you find difficult, let me know about it.
You can also access hundreds of free informational blogs about beading and join the 'Better Beader' group at www.myworldofbeads.com.